Friday, September 1, 2023

Hiatus

 It's a really busy time right now.

It's been a tough week

Audit season meets end of quarter after our co-op student's term ended, so I had to take back over all the work that the intern has been handling for a few months now. We're getting another, but not until next week..

..and he won't be useful until I train him, which will take at least another two weeks.

So it's been long days at the desk lately, without much sleep - especially since we did some volunteering last Saturday at the Foxtail Hundred from around 8pm til 4am.

Including a minor flash of PTSD for me on arriving at the trail centre

Next weekend will be another sleepless one, in the Haliburton Forest this time. Due to circumstances beyond our control, Tank and I have had to take over running AS4 at the 3k mark of the 50k, 50mi & 100mi course (don't ask me why the aid stations are labeled in the reverse order runners visit them).

I just work here - I don't actually know anything

Since I'll be training our new co-op student all week before driving up to the forest early on Friday to  set things up (including the tent that will be our home for Friday night and hopefully a refuge for a nap or two through the weekend), the blog is going on hiatus for a bit. You get a break from me, I get a break from trying to come up with something worth reading, and hopefully we can re-convene mid-month for some giggles.

Or maybe just hang out with a fun-gi?

In the meantime, I hope you all have an amazing long weekend - sleep an extra hour for me, ok?


I'll be on the move!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!