Friday, December 2, 2022

Pressing on

Friends, I'm tired.

The Scotland Saga will just have to wait

I've just finished off the most bonkers week at work in recent memory - end of quarter WHAT - and know it will continue into next week because month end is about 5 days of absolute madness and I'm only on day 2 of it.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still a long way off

Most of my running lately - because of work, and also some stuff I had to take care of last Sunday - has been in the dark lately. I'm still getting out there, though I have yet to feel well enough (or have time) to lay down a double for the 100 runs in 100 days challenge

..which does have some advantages

With the Fridays I've taken off, I'm already a few runs off of pace to make it to 100, but I hope to make some of that up as the challenge goes on.

I'm not aiming too high this year - just 100 runs will do

The Fridays off have been necessary as I try to keep my weary body in some kind of shape to keep on pushing through the other 6 days, while still fighting off the last of the flu that knocked me flat for a few days in the second week of November.

But staying up past 2am Saturday morning last week to finish a big post didn't help

So I'll try to write something a little more interesting next week, but I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'm going to cut myself a little slack today. 

At least I have some photos to share, even if the rest of the content is a little light

Hopefully this stupid flu and its accompanying exhaustion will all just be water under the bridge very soon.

..or at least that I can get a bit more sleep!

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!