Friday, July 8, 2022

Oot and aboot

 Not gonna lie - I've been pretty tired since Sunburn Solstice.

Imagine that!

Strangely, though, my legs weren't particularly sore afterward - I guess the lack of hills and all the walking spared them, but I still took a full week off running to let everything else try to recover a bit, and even gave myself a break from strength work. Last week was almost exclusively walking, with my first real "workout" being a Canada Day paddle with Tanker. 

Then - Saturday morning - I ran away into the woods to play again

Things actually responded pretty well, but the last few days have been hectic with month end, and the whole thing with my legs feeling ok came to a crashing halt on Tuesday afternoon. I hadn't actually done a proper Leg Day strength workout since June 14th, as I only do some bodyweight strength and mobility work the week before a race. The DOMS hit later that day, and I've been totally unable to rid myself of it since; stairs have been a misery, and there are a lot of those in our house.

Running has actually felt ok, though I'm sure the cement and pavement isn't helping the leg soreness

I'm sure it's also to my detriment that I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. I've been running every day this week, but mostly fairly late after finally tearing myself away from my desk.

Admittedly, running later does have its perks.

And now, with legs still a bit creaky and myself thoroughly exhausted, I'm about to embark on one of the biggest adventures I'll likely ever take. It's going to take a lot of stamina for the stuff we have planned, and the weather will be iffy at best, but no matter what happens I'll have the best companion I could possibly ask for!

This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!

That's it for me for a couple of weeks - enjoy the break, and I'll try to bring back some amazing photos and stories to share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!