Friday, October 14, 2022

Packing

It's down to the wire now.

What is this creek, and where is my paddle?

My last pre-race run is done, and - despite some stupid stuff like a freshly broken toe and a gouge taken out of my left heel on Tuesday morning, plus a somewhat grumpy achilles - I'm actually feeling pretty good! I have pretty much nailed my taper, and have actually been logging off work on time and even getting to bed earlier.


Testing some costume pieces has gone well, too

So, now it's all down to tomorrow: all I have to do is show up and keep on truckin'.

..which may be easier said than done.
I seem to recall a hill or two..

I'll have to take it slow - as if I run any other way! - but I am bound and determined to do this. I am also blown away by the generosity of my friends and colleagues who have already propelled me far past my fundraising goal!

You folks are serious rockstars!

If you'd like to donate, there's still time: here's my personal fundraising page, and anything $25 and up will get a tax receipt. The work of the Mood Disorders Society of Canada to defeat depression is so important, and every single dollar makes a difference!

When things get hard out there - and I guarantee they will, as moving for 24 hours generally doesn't come easy - I'll be thinking of my amazing donors, and those who struggle every day with the inescapable demons that live inside their head. I am grateful to be offered such incredible support, both for this great cause and with my own mental health battles!

With a special shout-out to my absolute plank - I couldn't do this without you, sweetness!

One mile at a time - this is the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!