Friday, April 22, 2022

Printemps-iousness

 I know that spring is some people's favourite season.

..and the "season of rebirth"

That latter bit actually seems sort of appropriate: like birth, spring tends to be messy and exhausting.

With the occasional nasty surprise

Far from the rich hues of autumn or the riotous green of summer, the trails right now are nearly devoid of colour.

Though not devoid of mud and the last (hopefully) of the snowmelt runoff

Yes, I have seen a few flowers here and there..

..but since they've mostly been in gardens (these are my own), that doesn't really improve the trails.

Maybe I'm just cranky, but I don't really find browns and greys all that inspiring.

It's like the ghost of a forest, really

I'm just trying to hang in until the world actually starts to look bright again.

C'mon buds - let's go!

..because right now I'd almost rather be back in the gleaming whiteness of snow.

At least your shoes stay clean, and there aren't any bugs flying in your face.

But then again, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!