Thursday, March 24, 2016

Hop-ful

The 10th annual Slowtwitch 100 runs in 100 days challenge ended last night in a freakin' dump of freezing rain and ice pellets.

Ew.

My final tally was 85 runs and 707.4km / 439.5mi between December 15th and March 24th, which should set me up for a half decent base of fitness going into spring races. Not really a streak, though - while it included 3 double run days, there were also a few days off here and there due to Fridays off being non-negotiable (it's date night with Tanker the Wonder Sherpa), illness, exhaustion or recovering from stinkin' frostbite.

Speaking of which - after a little more than a month, I finally got the feeling back completely in my left big toe and right thumb this week! Just in time, of course, for that wallop of winter last night.

It is now, however, supposed to last. While it's currently pulling some nasty crap out there as I write, this weekend should herald a return to spring. Since it's a long weekend for us, I'm hoping to get out and enjoy!

Wishing you all a very happy Easter - hope some bunny spoils you!


AH BROUGHTED YOU SUM EGGZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!