Race season is over, the Great North is becoming white once again, and thus it's time for a little tongue-in-cheek post.
The Top 25 Ways Running is Like Sex:
1) You can do it fast, slow, or vary your speed throughout the workout.
2) It's way more fun when you're strong and fit!
3) You can do it as many or as few times a day/week as you want.
4) You can hurt yourself if you over-estimate your abilities or do too much too soon.
5) You can do it all by yourself, or with as many people as you like (as long as everyone's respected and enjoying themselves).
6) You may need to lube up to prevent uncomfortable chafing.
7) With training, you can go for hours on end.
8) If you're putting in a good effort, you'll be panting and sweaty when you finish.
9) It can leave you feeling either triumphant and energized or completely broken down and exhausted.
10) Everyone does it just a little differently - there isn't really a wrong way, just whatever makes you happy & comfortable.
11) It can be enhanced by rocking out to some great music, but doesn't really need any.
12) It's even more fun outdoors!
13) You miss it when you're injured and unable to do it - you can't wait to get back at it!
14) A good workout will leave you with a smile that lasts the rest of the day.
15) Awkward and embarrassing moments will happen, but shouldn't take away from the fun of it.
16) It's always best to listen to what your body is telling you.
17) Anyone can do it without training, but everyone improves with practice.
18) You'll have some amazing workouts and some not-so-great workouts. Both are still good for you, and fun in their own way.
19) It'll always be there for you to come back to.
20) It doesn't always go the way you planned.
21) You can buy all kinds of gadgets and accessories, but none of that is really necessary.
22) It's always better if you warm up a bit before going all-out.
23) If you go too long without you may forget how much you enjoy it, but the more you get the more you want!
24) You can learn a lot about yourself by stepping (safely) outside your comfort zone.
25) People can tell you about it in every way they can think of, but you'll never really know what it's like until you experience it for yourself!
So get out there and have fun people, but remember that it's always better to be safe than sorry!