Saturday, February 24, 2024

An even dozen

 It's twelve years to the day since I first started this blog.

That's a lot of driveling

It used to be like clockwork - a new post published every Friday. Race reports, product reviews, and general prattling on about what I was doing: running, camping, paddling, backpacking, whatever was getting me outside and/or sweaty.

Believe me when I say I'm still doing rather a lot of those things

Heck, I'm even still racing occasionally...but as for writing?

Not so much.

Here's the thing: between working absolutely ridiculous hours, running, lifting, plus playing hockey, I barely have time to sleep. I've fallen more than a month behind in my workout logs: the first of two 100 runs in 100 days challenge has just finished yesterday, but I've only got up to Jan 7th recorded, so it looks like I only ran 54 times right now when I actually finished with 101. 

Like I said - I'm still doing the things


I've also lost a bunch of time to video editing for my silly Youtube channel.

It's practically a "how not to goaltend" series

So with all of this, I find myself still with a race report half-written from October, another one from a few weeks ago that I haven't started yet, and no real hope of having more time to write in future. We laid off one of only 3 employees in my department last month, so there is definitely no help coming with my workload, and I'm having to take time away from work to seek some healthcare for some ongoing issues that are making things kind of miserable.

But at least I got out for a ski with my honey on Family Day

So here it is - 1:45am - and I'm borrowing from tomorrow once again. While I'm not willing to give up on the blog completely, I do know that there's very little chance I'll have time to write in the foreseeable future.

So we'll call it au revoir - not quite goodbye

I hope you all are out there enjoying your lives, reaching your goals, and showing yourself kindness. I wish you the best, and I'll hope to see you soon..


Maybe after goalball season is done?


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for consistently delivering content that stimulates thought and introspection.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, have at me!