Friday, May 26, 2023

Blind spots

 Sometimes I forget all the options I have available to me.

Even when they're beautiful ones

Because I work from home most of the time and we only have one car that is in a different city Monday to Friday, I usually just end up running around our neighbourhood during the week. I've been extending my range a little bit here and there, and the other week I suddenly realized that I have another option for a loop if I head down the hill into Preston Towne Centre.

How could I have missed this?

I mean, I run the trail that heads out to Hespeler from the far end of the park pretty frequently - the Mill Run Trail is a nice, safe place to go for a bit of a trot even in the lousiest weather conditions - but somehow it had escaped me that I could just run around the park itself.

And not just during the daytime, either - it's lit up at night in the warm seasons!

It even has some extra attractions at this time of year.

Whatever you may think about cobra chickens, their babies sure are cute!

..even when they get a bit older and awkward looking

While it's definitely in a very urban setting - there are buildings visible all around it - there are plenty of tranquil spots.

Like this little lagoon, from which I've spotted egrets and muskrats

I've really been enjoying taking a loop through the park the last few weeks, as a new addition to my usual routes around the neighbourhood. 

The sunshine has certainly helped, too!

So I ask you: what are your blind spots? What local gem might you have overlooked that bears exploring a bit more? 

It's a lovely time of year to go find out!

2 comments:

  1. My favourite is running a loop in the opposite direction to which I normally run it. Mind-blowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, it's amazing what you can spot that you'd completely missed going the other way!

      Delete

Go on, have at me!