Friday, January 7, 2022

Give'er

 I know that nobody wanted to go end their holiday season with renewed pandemic restrictions.

Not what anyone needs in the dark of winter

..but as much this could be seen as another roadblock, I hope you can find it in yourself to give'er this year. 

Not an incitement to buy stuff from Give'r, but they do make some great things!

What I mean is, I hope you can find something this year into which you throw yourself passionately, no matter how unprepared or unskilled you may feel. Don't think about it too much - just give'er.


Don't psych yourself out about it - just GO!

I hope you do stuff that scares you.

(This felt about 100 feet high while I was up there)

I hope you give'er in the sun..

However fleeting it may be

I hope you give'er in the dark..

Headlamp optional

I hope you find something that moves you

Wanna get strong? Give'er

Wanna get your first pull-up? Give'er

Want better balance? Give'er

I don't care if it's cross-stitch or calligraphy or rowing or running or learning to speak a new language - I just want you to give'er!

Want to get into photography, or study crystalline structures? Give'er

Stoke comes and goes - you're not always going to be super excited to do whatever it is.

No-one wakes up every morning with their heart on fire

..but even if you're not really feeling it, you can always choose to give'er.


Couple of hours after my booster vaccine - not feeling 100%, but still givin'er

If the last few years have taught me anything, it's that you never know what can happen if you just shrug your shoulders and throw yourself into stuff.

Enough snow for a snow angel? Give'er and find out!

The end result doesn't have to be perfection. You can always try again!

Doing something - even if you feel a bit silly - always beats doing nothing

So don't let the snow and cold deter you, and definitely don't let the new restrictions get you too down.


There's still so much to see and do, even with winter and closures about!

So whatever you do, don't just sit there

Though I grant that you may want to pause now and then..

Just find your thing - whatever it may be - and give'er!

You can bet I'll be out there givin'er, too!

And if it turns out that's not your thing after all, well - find something else, and give'er a go!


Happy new year all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!