Friday, November 19, 2021

Beginnings and endings

 We're heading into winter, and more is changing than just the weather..

The snow has definitely begun, though!

It had been more than 2 months since I ran to the market on a Saturday morning - I hadn't done so, in fact, since I tore my hamstring tripping over a bit of cut-off tree stump all the way back on September the 4th. I was concerned I wouldn't get the chance to head back out through the beautiful rare Charitable Research Reserve trails before they closed, but having seen that the closure (which is done annually to protect the winter nesting habitat of the bald eagle, who gets very antsy in the presence of humans) wouldn't take effect until November 15th, I was all in this past weekend!

On a stunningly beautiful autumn day

I will miss this sorely until mid-March

That would also mark the end of the sunny days for awhile, too (at least while I was able to get outside). Sunday brought a whole day of snow!

..which I don't mind, but I could really do without the slushy puddles.

The Mill Run Trail looked otherworldly in its silent white shroud

While I'm still trying to adjust to the sun setting before 5pm

Of course I couldn't help myself once I reached the end - might as well have some fun!

That's the smile of a girl who knows there's a heated seat cushion waiting for her in the car!

Monday was the start of a few things: a new week, my first time going into the office for a full day (I'd only done half-days in office so far, since I started back in August 2020), and my first lunch run from the office!


Which also meant my first time running through Victoria Park since last year sometime..


Yep, I could get used to these views for my lunch runs - even if it did snow on me!


I would have perhaps given myself a day off running for my first full day in office, but Monday also marked the start of an annual tradition: the Slowtwitch 100 runs in 100 days challenge! So, no matter the weather - as long as it's not a Friday, which is still the sacred day off running - I'll be out there slogging away and working to rebuild my strength and fitness.

Preferably on a trail, but whatever gets it done

I'm actually starting to feel my legs coming back, but I'm very likely going to go ruin all that progress again tomorrow...all in the name of some goofy fun, and squeezing out the last drop of what has been a rather barren season of racing!

I'm coming for you, Dundas Valley..


Come next week, I'll see what's left over!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!