Friday, January 3, 2020

Fa la la la la

What does an idiot do with a few days off for the holidays?
Oh, go on - guess

For the first run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

A run up a sunny hill

For the second run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

A hug from a light up Grinch

For the third run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

A foggy Christmas morn


(There were a Santa hat, sleigh bells, and skully Christmas tights involved)

For the 4th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

A trail full of ice


(With further Santa-hat-and-sleigh-bells dorkery, as it was still Christmas Day)

For the 5th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..


ICE FREE SIDEWALKS

For the 6th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..


A boring, rainy road run.

For the 7th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

A view over a golf course


(It now being the 27th, I called this the "Ghost of Christmas Past" run, and dressed appropriately)


For the 8th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

Endless laps of tiny trails


(I'm not kidding)

For the 9th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..


Exploring Waterloo Park



(THERE WERE LLAMAS)

For the 10th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

The lights of Victoria Park

For the 11th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..

Rain and wind akimbo

For the 12th run of Christmas, my two legs gave to me..


The soggy Mill Run Trail

..and then - after 5 straight days of double runs - I had to go back to work for a couple of days, just running on my lunch break again for the 30th and 31st.


The snow returned for a brief visit, so after a straight-out-of-bed trot around my neighbourhood I was able to get out in the afternoon for a stunning sunset trail run.


This is what I'd been craving!


Sunshine on snow..


..and little creeks with icy edges

All told I got in 15 runs in 9 days from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day, then threw in another yesterday evening to finish off a 13-day block of 21 runs spanning December 21st to January 2nd. Mileage isn't terribly impressive as all but 1 of the runs were under 6km - just shy of 120km total for the 13 days - but in my defense I do have a little thing coming up...errh...tomorrow.


Y...y...yiiiikes.

So I guess I get to see if:

  1. frequency can be a substitute for distance when attempting to race a 6-hour, and
  2. whether my POS body can hold itself together a little better than it did at my last race.

Wish me luck - with a couple of niggling sore bits and a few extra Christmas pounds, I'm definitely going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!