It's Frosty Trail time!
It is not in actual fact looking all that frosty.
|Though I think I'd rather have frost than rain..|
It appears there will, however, be an abundance of rotted ice and mushy snow. A friend went and walked the 2.0km loop at Camp Heidelberg today, and...well..
|Credit for all 3 photos goes to Steven Parke|
So it looks like the name of the game will be "try to stay upright and not get stuck in a quagmire of slushy mud".
Not that I'd know anything about mud at Camp Heidelberg..
|From, say, Horror Trail in 2012 and 2013..|
Fortunately this one is just for kicks - no performance goals at all, as I wouldn't really call myself "recovered" from the RUN4RKIDS 8-hour a fortnight ago, not to mention:
- not tapering (I've actually started re-building distance this week)
- lack of sleep the last couple of days...as if that's anything new.
- having 2 wisdom teeth pulled last Tuesday
- finally having got rid of a lingering sinus infection this week
- being (almost) fully mobile again after my back locked up on my last Saturday, likely as a result of some interpretive dance moves to stay upright on an icy trail run.
So, traction devices will be packed and fingers shall be crossed!
It's only 3 hours, right? How bad could it be..?