Friday, December 16, 2016

Eight months

Eight months to the day between runs in the snow at Huron Natural Area.



The last time was a catalyst for so much that happened this year.



I abandoned the pavement for my long runs.



I let go of the mindset that walking and stopping weren't allowed during a training run.



I decided to take on the biggest challenge of my life





I found beautiful hidden places in forests that I'd never seen before.



I got much stronger as a runner, and feel like I might have actually arrived as an ultrarunner.



I have set even loftier goals for the future, while delving deep into my own mind to discover the reasons why they're important to me


I have frolicked like a deer through wind and snow, feeling both strong within myself and weak in the face of the incredible power of nature.


I'm facing my fears - trying to break their power over me.



And I wonder who I'll be in another eight months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!