Friday, December 5, 2014

Does that make 2 out of 9 lives?

The weather rollercoaster continues, which allowed me to get out for an honest-to-gawd outdoor ride on Sunday!

On my CX bike, no less!

While it was only a quick 25.5k commute-type ride to a friend's house for brunch, it reminded me of how long it's been since I did anything more than ride a mountain bike around town. Not that there's anything wrong with that (I really enjoy my lunch rides and cycling to the market!), but it felt great to get out on a machine built for roads and stretch my legs out.


Happy happy upon arrival.

Even better, I got some news on Tuesday that made me beam with pride - despite somewhat of a let-down year that saw me falling short on some of my athletic goals, I've been accepted once more as a Vanderkitten VIP for 2015! I'm truly honoured to be a part of this world-wide crew of inspiring, indomitable, supportive and KICK ASS group of women.

Rocking the Ophelia for another year!

I had an amazing time getting to know my fellow VIPs in 2014, revelling in their successes and commiserating with them when challenges just proved too much. I look forward to meeting the freshmen VIPs and seeing what amazing things we will all accomplish in the coming year!

So of course, despite the snow & sub-freezing temperatures, I had to wear some of my VKVIP kit out for the run I did Tuesday night.

Ophelia powered!
Just as in everyday life, my VK pride might not have been immediately apparent as I ran, but it's always there next to my heart. I love being an ambassador for a company that truly dedicates itself to supporting equality and opportunity for women at all levels of sport, and that makes awesome products for female (and male) athletes!

I even drink my morning tea out of a ruthless red VK mug at the office!

Congratulations to all of the new and returning VIPs - with the heart, talent and determination you ladies show I know that together we're going to have a kickass 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!