Friday, April 4, 2014

On the bright side..

So I've been pretty sore since Around the Bay on Sunday. Yeah, big shock - run 30km of hills and your legs hurt? Inconceivable!

Except it's rather worse than that.

I did take Monday off, by which I mean I walked 3.5km with Tanker to see a movie at the local theatre. Ease back into running with 4.7km Tuesday (plus a 1,200m swim), 5.3km on Wednesday (plus a bike ride) and 5.3km last night (plus a 1,500m swim). Morning strength workouts have been fairly easy, with the first couple of days just being some dynamic stretching and foam rolling.

I have been taking it relatively easy, but I still feel like crap. The post-race leg soreness seems to have abated, but it was immediately replaced by fresh soreness from this week's easy-peasy training.

I ache all over, and get tired very easily in the workouts. I can't push my effort level up very high, because as soon as I do I get a nasty pain in my throat. All I really want to do is sleep, but I've only been getting my usual 5-5.5hrs per night, because I haven't got any brighter.

Result? I'm losing the battle against catching a cold. The same one that took Tanker's voice last Wednesday and hasn't given it back since. Waking up this morning I was a bit sniffly and sneezy, and the sore throat now comes and goes at will even when I'm sitting at my desk.

The Waterloo Marathon is 23 days away, and I barely feel capable of getting out of my chair. The weather has also turned back to cold, wet and miserable after the brief reprieve earlier this week.



But hey, it's my day off training, and I GOT TO RIDE A BIKE OUTSIDE ON WEDNESDAY!




So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!